Welcome to the Realm of the Dead...
Oh, and also welcome to the PRIM press page! If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format, let us know and we’ll make it available!
Dear streamers, feel free to post videos of the game - no permission required!
Strange things are happening in the Land of the Dead. Instead of reaping souls, Thanatos, the Angel of Death
, has to deal with his teenage daughter Prim
. Every night, Prim has the same dream
: An oddly familiar human boy cries out for her help.
Needless to say that our heroine tries to answer the call. There‘s just one tiny problem: The Grim Reaper has strictly forbidden her to enter the Land of the Living
– she‘s not ready for the immense power she‘d develop there, he claims.
When Prim finds a way to trick her dad
and travel to Earth, it turns out that Thanatos‘s presentiments have been right all along...
At its core, PRIM is a story of a father learning to let go and a girl finding out who she really is. But it's also a thrilling adventure, full of magic and darkness. On her journey, Prim repeatedly has to switch between the Realm of the Dead and the Land of the Living
, where she faces demons, real ones and ones within herself, while always being accompanied by her sidekick
, an eye with spider legs.
Common Colors (formerly known as CMMN CLRS)
2D point and click adventure game
PC, Mac, Linux
- Release Date:
Demo release: Feb 2, 2021; Projected full game release: Dec 2022
Digital download (Steam and DRM-free)
"Best prototype" - German Computer Game Award 2020 (nominee)
KEY FEATURES (FULL GAME)
- Hand drawn HD artwork and traditional frame-by-frame animation
- Simple one-click interface
- 6-8 hours of varied gameplay
- Atmospheric orchestral soundtrack
- Control multiple characters
- In-game hint system, hot-spots and fast-travel
- Mini games, such as a deck-building card game
THE FREE DEMO...
- can be downloaded on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1510470/PRIM/
) and itch.io (https://common-colors.itch.io/prim
- has a playtime of 30-60 minutes
- has texts in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese
- has English and German voice over
ABOUT COMMON COLORS
- Located near Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Founded in 2020
- Started out as CMMN CLRS, but the name was changed to increase readability
- Created three short game jam games before working on PRIM: The Diary of a Roadie
(2016), Sidekick High
(2017) and door
CAN A HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER?!
(34) from Germany is the founder of Common Colors. And he's also a teacher by-day
, teaching English and Philosophy at a German high school.
He fell in love with the point and click genre as a kid, after playing "Day of the Tentacle" for the first time. Although he had always dreamt of making an adventure game, it wasn't until 2016 that he started making this dream become a realilty. Since then, he's published 3 short freeware games: The Diary of a Roadie (2016), Sidekick High (2017) and door (2018). PRIM
is Fisch's first full-length title
and to make it a reality, he teamed up with a lot of talented freelancers, some of whom he's worked with before (see "Team").
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
https://www.prim-game.com/ (official website)